Chocolate fondant cake is an easy and delicious recipe which is very suitable for when guests come. The chocolate cakes must be ice cold when placed in the oven to achieve that they are soft and liquid in the middle (3-4 hours in the fridge). The cake dough can therefore advantageously be made the day before.
Chocolate Fondant Cake
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 250 g cane sugar
- 100 g wheat flour
- 8 eggs
- 2 finely grated shells of eco-orange
- Fresh berries / fruit
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat and then turn off the heat.
- Grease portion forms in sizes 8-10 cm with butter or. neutral coconut oil.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and let them melt in the warm butter while stirring in the mass.
- Beat eggs and sugar thick and frothy with a hand mixer, about 5-7 minutes. Then pour in the butter-chocolate mixture and continue to whisk gently.
- Add the grated orange peel.
- Sift in the flour and carefully turn it into the dough so that it remains fluffy.
- Turn the oven to 200 g. And bake the molds in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully turn the cakes out onto a plate and serve with fresh berries / fruit.